Arlo has unveiled its first ever video doorbell just in time for the holiday shopping season. The doorbell connects to an existing wired mechanical or digital chime for continuous power and improved performance.
The Arlo Video Doorbell features an extra-wide, 180-degree diagonal field-of-view to ensure important details never go unseen. By delivering footage in a mobile-friendly, 1:1 format, users receive a more complete view of their front door. The Arlo Video Doorbell is also ideal for connecting with visitors in real-time from any location. Traditionally, video doorbells require multiple steps to view and respond once receiving a notification, causing delays where a user could easily miss their visitor. To solve this problem, the Arlo Video Doorbell sends a live, HD video call right to the user’s smartphone once the doorbell is pressed. This allows users to simply answer the video call for a fast, near real-time response via two-way audio, or to respond with pre-recorded, quick-reply messages.
“We engineered the Arlo Video Doorbell with an array of advanced alert and picture quality features to help homeowners identify and engage with visitors even before they knock,” said Tejas Shah, SVP product and chief information officer. “To ensure a visitor is never missed, we went above and beyond industry standards to create an innovative solution that delivers a fuller vertical field-of-view so users can see more from their front door, from head to toe.”
● Optimized front entry view – industry-leading vertical field-of-view with an optimized 1:1 aspect ratio
● Motion detection and alerts – receive alerts when motion is detected
● Video call – calls your phone directly so you never miss a visitor
● Quick reply messages – pre-recorded messages to quickly reply to visitors
● Night vision – see who’s at your door at night, even without a light on
● HD video – capture vivid detail in bright and dark areas with HDR
● Zoom – zoom in on a subject while on a live video call
● Silent mode – disables push notifications and silences chime
● Weather-resistant design – designed to withstand heat, cold, rain or sun
● Tamper detection – siren can be triggered if someone attempts to remove the doorbell
Pricing and Availability:
The Arlo Video Doorbell is available to pre-order today for $149.99. Take a look at the video below for more details!
This article was originally posted here