The iOS 13 beta is now available to both developers and public beta testers so we thought it prudent to put a spotlight on some of the features that Apple didn’t talk much about during the unveiling but we think deserve a mention, from auto-naming your scans in Notes to mouse support on iPhone to Family Sharing in Personal Hotspot and beyond.
Our resident video editor Harris Craycraft has put together a quick list of the top 20 tidbits and little improvements in iOS 13 that should interest our readers, some of which make a real difference because they save time and have long been requested by the iOS community.
Here’s a quick overview of the stuff Harris focused on.
- Notes auto-names your scans by analyzing a document’s headings, text sizes etc.
- You’ll see a warning when trying to delete an app that has an active subscription.
- Headphone decibel levels are captured and available in the Health app.
- Mouse support isn’t just an iPad thing, but also works on iPhone.
- Live Photos can be saved as videos via the Share menu in the Photos app.
- Safari tabs can close automatically after one day, week or month of inactivity.
- Them music app has a full-screen lyric view.
- App updates are now tucked away under your bio pic in the App Store app.
- Apps can be now deleted from the App Store update list.
- Family Sharing now works with Personal Hotspot.
- iPadOS’s three-finger gestures for cut/copy/paste and undo/redo are available on iPhone.
- The new minimal volume HUD is awesome.
- The screenshot-taking workflow adds an option to save directly to the Files app.
- Multi-page screenshots in Safari work on iPhone, too.
- Searching in Messages is more powerful and you get a detailed breakdown of matches by type.
- Optimized battery charging is available on iPhone in Battery settings.
- You can set your iPhone to automatically silence unknown callers.
- Wi-Fi networks can be joined from within Control Center.
- Bluetooth devices can be discovered and paired in Control Center.
- and more…
Some of those features are pretty great.
Let us know down below in the comments about your favorite tidbit from Harris’s list.
This article was originally posted here