Check out these images that reveal why Apple recently instituted a recall on select older generation 15-inch MacBook Pros.
The photos were shared by Steve Gagne on Facebook alongside the following backstory.
Monday night while we were in bed, the battery in my #MacBookPro blew and a small fire filled my house with smoke. You can imagine how quickly I jumped out of bed. The sound of it was what first threw me for a loop; but then the smell of a strong chemical/burning smell is what got me. Normally I keep my MacBook either on my couch or in a basket with notebooks, journals, etc. Thankfully, I uncharacteristically left it on my coffee table, and I really believe that this prevented my house from burning down. The computer had the screen closed, was unplugged, and in Sleep Mode.
When Apple announced the recall last month it said a ‘limited number’ of devices were affected. The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission has since revealed that this limited number is over 450,000 units.
We strongly advise users to check if their MacBook Pro is part of the recall by entering its serial number here.
Read More [via Caleb]
This article was originally posted here