The Telegram Messenger app has been updated with location-based chats, the ability to transfer group chats, easier adding of contacts, and more.
Pure instant messaging — simple, fast, secure, and synced across all your devices. Over 100 million active users in two and a half years.
What’s New In This Version:
ADDING TO CONTACTS MADE EASIER
• You can now add any users to your contacts, even if their phone numbers are not visible.
• Quickly add users standing next to you by opening Contacts > Add People Nearby. You will see people who have this section open.
• Host local communities by creating location-based group chats from the People Nearby section.
TRANSFER GROUP CHATS
• Transfer ownership of group chats and channels by granting full rights to another admin. Useful when switching jobs or if you just want to retire as creator.
ALSO IN THIS UPDATE
• Use Siri shortcuts to open chats with people.
• Choose app icon style and enjoy new theme previews in Appearance settings.
• Toggle message previews for specific chats, and use Search and ‘Delete All’ tools in Notification Exceptions.
You can download Telegram Messenger from the App Store for free.
This article was originally posted here