Adventure Week, Sleeping Snorlax, Slakoth Community Day, Go Fest Chicago.
Pokémon Go is intended to get you out and about, both on your own and with family and friends. One of the ways Pokémon Go tries to bolster activity is with events. Some of the events get splashy announcements and coincide with big public holidays. Others are quieter and more regular. Here’s what’s happened already and what’s coming up next.
Adventure Week returns from June 4 to June 11
It’s back, so get ready to rock!
Pack your bags and lace up your hiking boots—it’s almost Adventure Week! The groundbreaking event returns this year, bigger and better than ever. Keep your eyes peeled for new Shiny Pokémon to discover, limited-time Field Research, and rewards for exploring new areas with your Buddy Pokémon!
Date + Time
- Tuesday, June 4, 2019, at 1 p.m. to Tuesday, June 11, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Rock-type Pokémon like Geodude, Rhyhorn, Omanyte, Aron, Lileep, Anorith, and many others will appear more frequently in the wild. Hatch Rock-type Pokémon such as Onix, Larvitar, Lileep, Anorith, and Shieldon from 2 km Eggs.
- Challenge Onix, the Rock Snake Pokémon, and other Rock-type Pokémon in raids.
- You may encounter a Shiny Onix, Lileep, or Anorith if you’re lucky!
- Earn 4× Buddy Candy (Tip: Turn on Adventure Sync to make every step count!)
- Visit new PokéStops and earn 10× XP on your first spin of each Photo Disc
- Trainers who have Adventure Sync activated and walk 50 km will earn 50,000 Stardust and 15 Rare Candies!
- Specially themed Field Research tasks will be available for a limited time during this event.
Embrace your hiker spirit, Trainers! You never know what you and your Buddy Pokémon might find. Join this adventure before it ends on June 11. Get up and GO!
Sleeping Snorlax is upon us!
The next few months are going to be filled with some amazing adventures—even Pokémon are getting ready in their own ways. We’re hearing reports from all over the world that Trainers are finding Snorlax in deep slumber. Do you think they’re getting ready for an eventful summer?
Date + Time
- Tuesday, May 28, 2019, at 6 p.m. to Monday, June 3, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Trainers will have the chance to encounter Snorlax snoozing in the wild.
- Once caught, Snorlax will be awake and ready for battle as usual.
- Remember to take a photo during your encounter as Snorlax will only be asleep during your encounter!
- Snorlax caught during the event will know the exclusive event move Yawn.
Groudon, Kyogre, and… Cresselia?! returning to Raids
If you were expecting Raquaza, much less Shiny Raquaza, apparently you should have known better. Pokemon Go is going so far as to break up the legendary trio of Gen 3 just to deny you that meta defining green (and black!) dragon. Again. Oh well, here’s what we’re getting instead.
We hope you’re enjoying Extraordinary Raid Week so far! We’re excited to announce the next three Legendary Pokémon you can look forward to seeing in five-star Raid Battles. Expect to see some Legendary Pokémon return—riled up and ready to battle!
This Psychic-type Legendary Pokémon is said to represent the crescent moon, but don’t let its graceful exterior lull you during battle. Psychic-type Pokémon are weak against Bug-, Ghost-, and Dark-type Pokémon, so be sure to have those ready!
Date + Time
- Monday, May 27, 2019, at 1 p.m. to Tuesday, June 18, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- If the workings of the cosmos are in your favor, you may encounter a Shiny Cresselia!
The Sea Basin Pokémon is said to have widened the seas and waged battle with Groudon. This Water-type Pokémon is weak against Grass- and Electric-type Pokémon. Can you earn this powerful creature’s trust and convince it to battle alongside you?
Date + Time
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019, at 1 p.m. to Thursday, June 27, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
Fortune favors the bold—you may encounter a Shiny Kyogre!
Groudon is said to have dueled titanically with Kyogre before falling into a deep slumber. It’s a Ground-type Pokémon, so, Trainers, this means Water-, Grass-, and Ice-type Pokémon are your best bets for defeating this powerful opponent!
Date + Time
- Thursday, June 27, 2019, at 1 p.m. to Wednesday, July 10, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Keep persevering, Trainer—you may encounter a Shiny Groudon!
This is your chance to catch Kyogre, Groudon, and Cresselia! It’ll be tough, but we have faith in you, Trainers. Legendary Pokémon only appear when the time is right—this must be fate. Are you ready to be a Battle Legend? Show us what you’ve got!
Lugia, Latios, and Latias coming to Research Breakthroughs in May
We’re excited to share a few changes to Research Breakthrough rewards and Eggs in the coming weeks.
- Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias, and Latios will be Research Breakthrough encounters starting May 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) through the end of June.
Different Pokémon will hatch from Eggs starting Apr. 26, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Trainers can expect 2 km Eggs to hatch Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Bonsly, and many more.
- Trainers can expect 5 km Eggs to hatch Cubone, Combee, Buizel, Glameow, Bronzor, Skorupi, Croagunk, and many more.
- Trainers can expect 10 km Eggs to hatch Mawile, Absol, Shinx, Cranidos, Shieldon, Riolu, and many more.
Pokemon Go Summer Events 2019 — Go Fest Chicago from June 13-16
Hot off the Poke Presses:
In 2018, we had an incredible year of live events for Pokémon GO, with our return to Chicago for Pokémon GO Fest as well as 4 Safari Zones, 12 Community Days, and tons of fun events for Trainers in between. This year, you can look forward to even more events in more locations!
We kicked off 2019 with South America’s first-ever Safari Zone event in Porto Alegre, Brazil, and we’ll have another Safari Zone in Sentosa, Singapore, in just a few weeks. Next, we’re excited to reveal that Pokémon GO Fest is coming to three cities around the world!
- June 13–16: Pokémon GO Fest Chicago
- July 4–7: Pokémon GO Fest Dortmund
- 2019 Summer: Pokémon GO Fest Asia (To be announced)
“Last year’s Pokémon GO Summer Tour brought hundreds of thousands of Trainers together at real-world events around the world which left us with some truly unforgettable moments and stories,” said John Hanke, founder and CEO of Niantic, Inc. “This summer, we’re looking to continue to build upon that success and create even more ways for Trainers to enjoy and interact with these incredible parks and cities and build lasting friendships throughout their journeys of encountering Pokémon in the ‘real-world.'”
In the United States, Pokémon GO Fest returns to Chicago for its third year for Pokémon GO Fest 2019 from June 13 to June 16, expanding the event from two to four days. This year’s event will take place across the expansive Grant Park, where Trainers of all ages will get to catch an array of Pokémon while interacting with physical installations and participating in exclusive activities throughout the park. Pokémon GO Fest: Chicago in Grant Park will also feature more than 300 acres of walking space in addition to some of Chicago’s most iconic landmarks and attractions. Tickets will go on sale through an all-new Niantic ticketing system built within the Pokémon GO app later this month. For more information on Pokémon GO Fest: Chicago, please visit https://pokemongolive.com/events/fest/chicago
Following the massive success of the Pokémon GO Safari Zone in Dortmund, Germany in 2018, the real-world event in 2019 will now be featured as Pokémon GO Fest: Dortmund for four days from July 4 to July 7. Hosted at the renowned Westfalenpark, Trainers will have an opportunity to play Pokémon GO together with others, explore Dortmund’s cultural history and interact with local attractions while playing Pokémon GO together with others. Tickets for the event will be going on sale later this spring. For more information on and to stay up-to-date on ticketing information for Pokémon GO Fest: Dortmund, please visit www.pokemongofest-europe.com
Throughout each event in the Pokémon GO Summer Tour 2019, Trainers who are not attending the real-world events will still be able to participate in Pokémon GO special challenges to work towards a global goal of unlocking rewards for all Trainers. Details for the global challenges during each Pokémon GO Fest will be revealed ahead of each event. In addition to these unique challenges, Pokémon GO Community Days will also be hosted throughout the months of June, July and August giving Trainers even more reasons to venture outside and play together.
Get the sunscreen ready!
Pokemon Go Summer Community Day Schedule
This is great. Makes it way easier to plan for the community days.
For those interested in the upcoming worldwide Community Day events, mark your calendars for the following dates:
- April 13 (Bagon)
- May 19 (Torchic)
- June 8 (Slakoth)
- July 21
- August 3
Deoxys shifts to Defense Forme for Ex-Raid starting March 25
The DNA Pokémon, Deoxys, has tested the strength of Trainers in EX Raids and has changed form again! Defense Forme Deoxys will be in EX Raids with stronger defenses than previously seen, so make sure your team is prepared. This Psychic-type Mythical Pokémon will be available to challenge beginning March 25.
Keep your Best Friends close and your Bite / Crunch Tyranitars even closer.
What Pokémon Go events do you want to see?
If you were planning the next big Pokémon Go event, when would you have it and how would you handle it?
This article was originally posted here