Today, Aspyr Interactive announced that the historical strategy game Total War: Three Kingdoms is now available for Mac and Linux systems.
You can play as one of twelve warlords and recruit commanders, warriors and eminent statesmen to help defeat your foes on the military, technological, political and economic fronts. That won’t be possible unless you form alliances and build powerful friendships or, as Aspyr notes,” commit acts of treachery and betrayal and master the art of political intrigue.”
From the blurb:
The year is 190 AD. China, a beautiful but fractured land, cries out for a new emperor and a new way of life. Players will unite the country under their rule, forge the next great dynasty and build a legacy that will last through the ages.
Watch the official trailer for the game embedded below.
Developed by Creative Assembly, the Windows version was published by SEGA today. This is the first game in the popular Total War franchise to be set in ancient China.
Here are some key features of the game:
- Guanxi system: Inspired by Guanxi, the Chinese concept of dynamic inter-relationships, Three Kingdoms takes a new approach to characters. Each warlord and general has their own distinct personality, motivations and relationships, inspiring them to outfight their rivals, avenge their fallen friends or betray an unwanted leader.
- Integrated campaign and battles: Actions in battle affect your generals’ relationships with their warlord and peers, making the turn-based campaign and real-time battles of Three Kingdoms more connected than in any other Total War game to date.
- Restore harmony to ancient China: Battle across subtropical jungles, snow-capped mountains and magnificent landmarks, from the Great Wall of China to the Yangtze River.
Minimum system requirements include macOS 10.14.4 or higher, Intel’s 2.0 GHz Core i5 processor with 8GB RAM. 52GB of free storage space and one of the supported GPUs: Intel Iris 540 or better with 1.5GB VRAM,AMD Radeon R9 M290 or better with 2GB VRAM or Nvidia 680MX or better with 32GB VRAM.
In simpler terms, Three Kingdoms works on these systems:
- All 13-inch MacBook Pros released since 2016
- All 15-inch MacBook Pros released since late 2013 with a 2GB graphics card or better
- All 21.5-inch iMacs released since 2017
- All 27-inch iMacs released since late 2012 with a 2GB graphics card or better
- All 27-inch iMac Pros released since 2017
- All Mac Pros released since late 2013
You cannot run this game on Mac volumes formatted as case-sensitive.
For more information, visit the Total War: Three Kingdoms mini-site.
Early buyers who get the game within the first week of release will receive the Yellow Turban Rebellion downloadable content pack, which includes three playable warlords, as a reward.
This article was originally posted here