If you use Apple News as your primary news source, then you likely have some certain topics and channels you like more than others. You may love to browse the sports or entertainment section but always see that one source (channel) that you just don’t like very much.
With Apple News, you can block those channels that you don’t care for and if you change your mind later, you can easily unblock them too. So, here’s how to block a news source in Apple News on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Block a news source in Apple News on iOS
To block a news channel on iPhone or iPad, open Apple News and then follow these steps.
1) Tap the news source you want to block.
2) Tap the Share button on the top right.
3) Scroll a bit to the right and tap Block Channel.
4) Confirm that you want to block the channel by tapping Block in the pop-up.
Unblock a news channel in Apple News on iOS
If you change your mind about a news source you have blocked, you can put them back in your good graces easily.
1) In the News app, tap the Following tab at the bottom.
2) Scroll down and select Blocked Channels & Topics.
3) Tap the minus sign next to the channel you want to unblock and then tap Remove.
4) Tap Done.
Now you’ll see that channel within its topic once again for you to choose.
Block a news source in Apple News on Mac
Blocking a channel in Apple News is even easier on Mac than on iOS. Just open the Apple News app and do the following.
1) Select the news source you want to block.
2) Click File > Block Channel from the menu bar.
Unblock a news channel in Apple News on Mac
If you decide later to unblock a channel, you can do this on Mac with a few clicks.
1) With the News app open, click File > Manage Blocked Channels & Topics from the menu bar.
2) Select the minus sign next to the channel you want to unblock in the pop-up window.
3) Click Remove to take the channel off of the blocked list.
4) Click Done.
Wrapping it up
Thank you Dave Mark and Kirk McElhearn for the tip.
This article was originally posted here