Getting a shiny Eevee or Pikachu in Pokémon Let’s Go! Pikachu or Eevee for Nintendo Switch has never been easier. By downloading a single app and then visiting a local Target store, you can claim whichever of the two shiny Pokémon is not your partner Pokémon in either game (Let’s Go! Pikachu gets a shiny Eevee, Let’s Go! Eevee gets a shiny Pikachu).
Products used in this guide
- Electric mouse enthusiasts: Pokémon Let’s Go! Pikachu ($60)
- For those who love change: Pokémon Let’s Go! Eevee ($60)
How to get a shiny Eevee or Pikachu in Pokémon Let’s Go
- Download the Pokémon Pass app for iOS or Android
If you don’t already have one, you’ll need to make a Pokémon Trainer Club account
- Visit a participating Target retail store between May 11, 2019 and June 23, 2019.
- Open the app.
You’ll need to locate a special QR code in-store that the app will scan – ask an associate if you cannot locate the QR code in-store.
- After scanning the code, launch Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu or Eevee on your Nintendo Switch
- On the Main Menu, select Communicate
- Choose Get with code/password
- Say Yes to save the game and connect to the internet
- Enter the code that appeared in your Pokémon Pass app after scanning the QR code at Target.
- Confirm that you want to receive the gift.
- You will receive your Pokémon partner in your party in-game if you have a spot open, or in your Pokemon box if not.
That’s it! You’ll easily have a shiny Pikachu or Eevee in your Pokémon Let’s Go! game. If you want to obtain a shiny version of the other Pokémon not obtainable in this way in your game, you can always trade with a friend, transfer a shiny you’ve obtained in Pokémon Go, or wander through the long grass in your game and use our tips and tricks to hunt the shiny of your choice.
Our top equipment picks
You’ll need this to get your shiny Pikachu and Eevee:
For this and future events
To get legendary Pokémon
The Pokémon Pass app is being used first for the shiny Pikachu and Eevee event, but it will have more uses down the line to get you rare and special Pokémon and items in various Pokémon games. Pick it up now, as you’ll likely use it for a long time to come.
Whether you’re headed out with Pokémon Go for a rare Pokémon catching excursion, or staying home with Pikachu and Eevee, there are several other accessories that can help make your Pokémon adventure easier and more fun.
Poké Ball Plus
Though you can play Pokémon Let’s Go! Pikachu and Eevee without it, the Poké Ball Plus controller is a natural accessory to go alongside your adventures in Kanto. It’s simple to use, and makes capturing Pokémon feel more natural than with the Joy-Cons by using motion controls to simulate the feeling of throwing a Poké Ball. Plus, you can store Pokémon in it and take them on adventures with you, shaking the ball to check in on them as you go.
If you’re playing Pokémon Go, you’ll likely end up on long, long jaunts for PokeStops, Gyms, and rare monsters. If you want to avoid running out of battery playing the game non-stop, it’s best to bring along a battery pack.
Poké Ball Plus Charge Stand
The Poké Ball Plus accessory comes with its own charger cable, but it’s short and difficult to use and not very aesthetically pleasing. Instead, it’s worth grabbing this much nicer and better-looking charge stand that’s officially licensed by Nintendo.
This article was originally posted here