A convenient feature of your iPhone is that you can sync bookmarks you save in your browser and access them on another device, like your iPad or Mac. But what if you don’t want to sync your bookmarks?
Maybe your iPhone is a business phone and you want to keep your personal bookmarks separate. Or maybe you want the sites you bookmark on your iPhone private and away from people who use your other devices.
Disable Safari bookmark sync
Open the Settings on your iPhone and then follow these steps to stop syncing Safari bookmarks.
1) In your Settings, tap your Apple ID at the top.
2) Select iCloud.
3) Under Apps Using iCloud, disable the toggle for Safari.
4) You will see a message asking if you would like to keep or delete the data that was previously synced to your device. Tap the option you prefer.
Disable Chrome bookmark sync
Open the Chrome app on your iPhone and then follow these steps to stop syncing bookmarks.
1) Tap the More (three-dot icon) button on the bottom right and select Settings.
2) Tap your profile at the top.
3) Select Sync. You’ll then see a list of everything that is syncing. You can disable the Sync all together by turning off the toggle at the top. Or, you can go below there and select only those items you want to sync, deselecting Bookmarks.
Disable Firefox bookmark sync
Open the Firefox app on your iPhone and then follow these steps to stop syncing bookmarks.
1) Tap the More (three-line icon) button on the bottom right.
2) Tap your account at the top of the pop-up window.
3) Turn off the toggle for Bookmarks.
Wrapping it up
Most iPhone owners use the convenient built-in browser Safari and it’s easy to stop syncing those bookmarks. But if you use Chrome or Firefox instead or in addition to Safari, you can see that it’s simple to stop your iPhone from syncing bookmarks with those browsers as well.
Are you going to turn off the bookmark sync on your iPhone for any of these browsers?
This article was originally posted here