Amazon has unveiled a new wire-free Blink XT2 security camera that features twice the battery life at a cost that is 25% less than the previous Blink XT model.
Blink XT2 is the first device to feature Blink’s exclusive new chip technology, making it even more efficient. It features extended battery life, offering two years of battery life with just two AA lithium batteries. When used exclusively for motion-activated recording or Live View, Blink XT2 provides double the usage of the original Blink XT on a single set of batteries. Or customers can use two-way talk and still get the same two-year battery life. It also comes with enhanced motion detection, including micro-activity zones to more precisely customize motion detection and reduce false motion alerts, so you are alerted only of the movement that matters. Plus, Blink XT2 is wire-free, making it easy to install indoors or out for complete coverage and peace of mind.
“We listened to our customers and delivered a product that not only improves existing standout features such as two-year battery life, but also adds new features like two-way talk and enhanced motion detection to further improve the product experience,” said Peter Besen, GM of Blink. “Starting at $89.99, the all-new Blink XT2 provides an affordable and high-performing option for customers seeking whole-home security and peace of mind.”
● No contracts or monthly fees – Free cloud storage for hundreds of clips stored up to a year.
● Extended battery life – 2 year battery life on two AA lithium batteries with a combination of two-way talk, live view, and motion recording. Double the usage of the XT on a single set of batteries when recording video.
● 2-way audio – Talk to visitors through the Blink app on your smartphone or tablet.
● Customizable motion detection – Use activity zones to choose where motion is detected so you receive the alerts that matter.
● Works with Alexa – View live streams, motion clips, or arm and disarm your camera through select Alexa-enabled devices.
● Day and night coverage – Record and view in up to 1080p HD video during the day and with infrared HD night vision after dark.
● Use indoors/outdoors – Blink XT2 stands up to the elements. Place or mount it inside or outside for whole home security.
● Easy setup – No tools, wiring, or professional installation required.
Pricing and Availability:
The new Blink XT2 starts at $89.99 USD or $119.99 CAD with free cloud storage and no contracts or monthly fees required. A Blink Sync Module is needed to use Blink XT2. Customers without a Blink Sync Module can choose to purchase a Blink XT2 one-cam system with a Sync Module for $99.99 USD or $129.99 CAD, a two-cam system for $179.99 USD or $239.99 CAD, or a three-cam system for $249.99 or $329.99 CAD.
All options are available for pre-order today. Devices will be available to U.S. customers on May 22, with availability for customers in Canada coming later this summer. Blink XT2 will also be available for purchase at Best Buy stores and on BestBuy.com in the U.S. and Canada.
This article was originally posted here