If you use iCloud Keychain to store and remember passwords, there may come a time when you need or want to view a particular password. Maybe you need it to log in on another device that doesn’t have Keychain or perhaps you are setting up a new password manager and need those details.
Whatever the case, here’s how to view iCloud Keychain passwords on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
View iCloud Keychain passwords on iPhone and iPad
On your iPhone or iPad, open your Settings and then follow these steps to see your Keychain passwords.
1) On the Settings screen, select Passwords & Accounts.
2) Tap Websites & App Passwords. Enter your device password or use Touch ID if you have it set up.
3) You’ll now see a list of all locations and usernames for passwords you’ve stored with Keychain. Tap one to view the password.
4) If needed, you can tap Edit on the top of a password screen to make changes and tap Done when you finish.
View iCloud Keychain passwords on Mac
To see your Keychain passwords on Mac, open Safari and then do the following.
1) Click Safari > Preferences from the menu bar.
2) Select the Passwords tab and enter your device password.
3) You’ll see a list of all locations and usernames for passwords you’ve stored with Keychain. Click one to view the password.
4) If necessary, you can click Details on the bottom upon selecting a location to make changes or share the password. Then, click Done when you finish.
Wrapping it up
Storing passwords in iCloud Keychain is convenient. You can access those passwords on all of your Apple devices. But, if you’re interested in other options, you might check out 1Password and its benefits over Keychain.
What do you think of iCloud Keychain? Do you find it useful or are you opting for a different password manager? Let us know your thoughts below or ping us on Twitter.
This article was originally posted here